The Springfield Soaring Championship encourages all types of gliders, with or without engines to take part in a cross-country competition, on as fair and equal footing as possible, run under the Enterprise rules. Water ballast is not allowed.
- Enterprise works for a wider range of pilot experience and glider handicaps
- Enterprise is not an FAI style with prestart delays and enroute gaggles
- Enterprise is the perfect way for less experienced pilots to start racing gliders and yet challenging for advanced pilots
- Enterprise encourages personal bests
- Enterprise is where the winner has done the most flying, not the least!
- Enterprise events are competitive and also fun to compete in
- Enterprise allows for ‘novel’ interpretation of the rules – normally called cheating
More information here: