Prices Effective July 2023.
- All prices include GST.
- EFTPOS and Credit Cards are NOT accepted at Springfield.
- Eftpos, VISA and Mastercard payment only available at Omarama from November to April.
- A 5% (minimum $10.00) Bank Handling Fee may be added to all VISA & MasterCard Payments.
|Dynamic Aerotow||Per Minute|
|From other airfields||as above +$1/minute|
|General Hire (CTP approved Pilots only)||$4.50|
|Visitor Tow Rate||$10|
- Aerotow rates reduced by 50% for Instructors on training courses (please note in glideTime).
|BNJ Aerotow||Per Minute|
|Charge at cost||$7.20|
|CGC Glider Hire||Per Minute|
|OR & PR Grob Twin||$1.26|
|PB Janus Ce||$1.58|
- An excess of $5,000 is applicable to each and every insurance claim for CGC gliders flown by Non CGC members. Read the Insurance Excess details.
- Glider hire rate is zero for Instructors on training courses
- Glider hire rate is 50% for Junior and Student members and zero for Junior and Student members pre-solo or under instruction and finishing the flight before noon.
- Glider hire rate is 50% for Scout and ATC trial flights
- Max. time charge for a pre-declared Cross-country or Award flight is 3 hours for Members
- Competition hire is charged at the hourly rate to a maximum of 3 hours per day.
- All ‘concessionary rate’ flights must be clearly indicated in glideTime
e.g. “Junior”, “FCFS”, “Badge Attempt” ,”6FC”, “YGC”, “MQ Synd”, “Instructor Training”, “Cross Country”, “Competition”.
|YGC Syndicate MQ Club Astir Glider Hire||Per Minute|
|MQ syndicate members||Free|
- Please ensure MQ syndicate or YGC membership is noted in glideTime.
|Launch / Landing Fees||Price|
|Springfield – Self Launchers – Hi Subscription||$33 per flight or tow cost for Hi Subscription, whichever is greater|
|Springfield – Self Launchers – Lo Subscription||$106 per flight or tow cost for Lo Subscription, whichever is greater|
|Omarama (on-charged at cost)||$15|
- Winch launches are free of charge for Instructor Training (please note in glideTime).
|Fixed Charge Flying Scheme (FCFS)||Price|
|12 month fee||$1700|
- Download and complete the application form to join this scheme.
- Covers normal glider hire only (i.e. not competition hire, aerotows or landing fees).
- For shared flights charged 50/50, if one pilot is not in the FCFS they are charged 50% of the flight at normal rates.
- Membership of the FCFS continues until written notice to terminate is received.
- The annual fee will be debited against the member’s flying a/c automatically on the anniversary of signing-up.
|6-Flight Introductory Scheme Price||Price|
|6 Aerotows to 2500′ and 3 months membership||$850|
- More information on the 6-Flight Course here
- Record 1/6FC, 2/6FC, … beside flights on timesheet.
|Bottle Fill – Members – small bottle||$30|
|Bottle Fill – Members – large bottle||$40|
|Bottle Fill – Non members – small bottle||$40|
|Bottle Fill – Non members – large bottle||$60|
- Please note oxygen fills on sheet in oxygen box.
|Trailer Parking Fee for non-members – per week||$5|
- Please contact the CFI to purchase logbooks.
|Campground & Accomodation||Price|
|Camping anywhere on site, per person per night||$15|
|Overnight stay in house, per person per night||$20|
- Please contact Kevin Bethwaite to book a room in the house.
- The club financial year is from 1 June to 31 May.
- If you would like to become a member, please fill out our Membership Form, or if you are under 19 years of age, our Youth Glide Canterbury Membership Form.
- Membership continues until written notice of resignation is received by the Secretary: this means if you want to resign or change your membership (e.g. from Flying to Social) you need to email or write to the Secretary, preferably before 31 May.
The membership fees for 2023/2024 are:
|Full Membership (Flying) Hi Subscription||$1800|
|Full Membership (Flying) Lo Subscription||$500|
|Full Time Student (Flying)|
– Less than 21 yrs old on 1st June in current financial year
|TBD / Contact us|
– Less than 19 yrs old on 1st June in current financial year
|Social (Non flying)||$55|
|Associate Membership (Flying) – Hi Subscription|
– GNZ fees paid at another NZ club
|Associate Membership (Flying) – Lo Subscription|
– GNZ fees paid at another NZ club
|Overseas Pilot 3 Months (minimum period)||TBD / Contact us|
|Overseas Pilot Additional Months||TBD / Contact us|
|DDSC Visiting Pilot 1 month membership||TBD / Contact us|
Last Updated July 25 2023