Due to the current Covid L2 status in South Island we are unable to take bookings for trial instructional flights via Bookme or any other method. Once we are back at L1 we will be able to take bookings. At this stage we do not know when that will be. Thank you.
We currently offer two options for an introduction to flight training:
Single Trial Instructional Flight
- The Trial Instructional Flight is an introduction to gliding.
- After a briefing on the glider, you and your instructor will take an aero-tow to 4000 feet above ground.
- The flight will last up to 30 minutes depending on what you want to do and what the weather conditions are like. Your instructor will give you the opportunity to take the controls.
- We have an information sheet explaining the essential items to help you enjoy your Trial Instructional Flight.
- For more info, pricing and booking, visit us on bookme.
A Six Flight Course
- This course covers the essential “basics” and lays the foundation for controlling the glider.
- You and your instructor will take six aero-tow launches to 2500 feet above the airfield.
- Each of these flights will last about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Click here for the six flight course syllabus.
- The six flight course costs $750. Payment by cash or cheque can be made at the Springfield airfield when you fly.
There are some airfield rules to abide by and some items to bring.
Now that you are ready to continue your flying, we ask you to join the club and complete our Membership Form, or if you are under 19 years of age, our Youth Glide Canterbury Membership Form. We hope to see you at the airfield.